Saturday, December 3, 2011

Dynon remote transponder wiring

I wired up a Dynon remote transponder and tucked it up behind the sub panel on the left support rib to the firewall.  Pretty easy access here once you crawl into position... The wiring is pretty straight forward and does not involve a lot of rework.  I used the 5A power line from the old transponder, a new ground, a couple of data lines, and two loop back connections on the transponder I left all of the other connections for the 330 in place incase I need to switch back and will remove them after proving out the new system.

this is 'easy' access!
I have the serial connection to the SkyView documented in my installation notes making it a snap to keep all of the connectors straight.

SkyView serial port pinout
For serial connections I now have:
Serial 1 old out to the 330
Serial 2 Garmin 696 GPS
Serial 3 Dynon transponder transmit and receive on Serial 3
Serial 4 is available
Serial 5 is dedicated to the Dynon GPS


serial connection to the SkyView harness